ADA Accessibility Information



Children and Dental Emergency FAQ
Wichita, KS

What Should I Do if My Child Bites a Lip or Cheek?

If your child has bitten his or her lip or tongue severely enough to cause bleeding, clean the bite gently with water and use a cold compress to reduce or avoid swelling. Give us a call to help determine how serious the bite is or bleeding does not stop.

My Child Chipped a Tooth - What Should I Do?

If your child has chipped or broken a piece off his or her tooth, have the child rinse out the mouth with warm water, then use a cold compress to reduce swelling. Try to locate and save the tooth fragment that broke off. Call us immediately at (316) 202-9629.

What Should I Do if My Child Knocked Out a Permanent Tooth?

If your child's tooth has been knocked out, find the tooth and rinse it with water (no soap), taking care to only touch the crown of the tooth (the part you can see when it's in place). If you can, place the tooth back in its socket and hold it in place with a clean towel or cloth. If you can't return the tooth to its socket, place it in a clean container with milk.

In either case, call us immediately and/or go to the emergency room. If you act quickly, it's possible to save a permanent or adult tooth. Primary teeth are generally not re-implanted. If one of your child's primary teeth has been knocked out, you will want to schedule a visit to our practice as soon as possible so your dentist can ensure there are no fragments of tooth remaining.

What Should I Do if My Child Moves or Displaces a Tooth?

Call us immediately at (316) 202-9629 and/or go to the emergency room. Displaced teeth can be put back into place and splinted (fixed in place) in order to promote proper healing of the tooth supporting jawbone and gums. This procedure has the best outcome the quicker it is accomplished.

What Should I Do if My Child's Tooth Hurts?

If your child complains of a toothache, rinse the mouth with warm water and inspect his or her teeth to make sure there is nothing caught between them. If pain continues, use a cold compress to ease it. Do not apply heat or any kind of aspirin or topical pain reliever directly to the affected area, because this can cause damage to the gums. Children's pain relievers may be taken orally. Schedule an appointment immediately. If your child's face is swollen, please to emergency room immediately.

When You Suspect the Jaw Is Broken

If you know or suspect your child has sustained a broken jaw, use a cold compress to reduce swelling. Call our emergency number at (316) 202-9629 and/or go to the emergency room immediately. In many cases a broken jaw is the result of a blow to the head. Severe blows to the head can be dangerous and even life threatening.

My Child Has Excessive Bleeding after Losing a Tooth - What to Do?

Fold a piece of gauze or towel and place it (tightly) over the bleeding area. Bite down on the gauze for 15 minutes. If bleeding continues, call our emergency number.

My Child Has a Cold/Canker Sore - How Can I Help?

Over-the-counter medications will usually provide temporary relief. If sores persist, visit our office.

Please Visit These Pages for More Information

Pediatric Dental Emergencies
When to Call the Doctor?
Procedure Follow-up Care

Call Your Kids Dentist in Wichita, KS Now!

Office hours

Mon–Thurs 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Fri 7:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.


3933 N Maize Rd
Wichita, KS 67101-9619


Habla Español


Office (316) 202-9629
Fax (316) 202-0141

Copyright © 2017-2022 Tiny Teeth Pediatric Dentistry and WEO Media (Touchpoint Communications LLC). All rights reserved.  Sitemap | Privacy Policy
Children and Dental Emergencies FAQ - Wichita, KS • Tiny Teeth
Tiny Teeth Pediatric Dentistry, 3933 N. Maize Road, Suite 200 Wichita, KS 67101 ~ (316) 202-9629 ~ ~ 12/8/2022 ~ Page Phrases: Pediatric Dentist Wichita KS ~